Wednesday 22 April 2009

Rob gets in some practice...



Rob writes:

Well I suppose it is my fault but I have to say that Tom did not take that much persuading, just a shame about the Triumph but I guess we can all swap bikes for a few miles or so.
Due to the fact that we are taking the Rocket, and its 2.3l engine, Dave our mechanic and snapper, has elected to take an Enfield Bullet, just not the sidecar version. What we have been planning to only take five days could take years with a sidecar.
I had been thinking about how best to prepare for such a trip, I mean the miles we are covering, particularly the first day coming up from Norwich to Orkney, are not something you do on a regular basis.
My little commuting blast normally takes 35mins or so at a fairly steady rate of knots, so 12 hours clocked up on the first day, and that¹s even before the trip proper starts. I figured it was time to prepare a little.
Monday coming I am heading up to Tain for a little stay with the gang at Glenmorangie and shunning the usual options have elected to take two wheels.
The plane means a trip to Stansted and an early start and as for the train, well less said the better. Ok both options allow for a few extra moments kip, but at 70mph the amount of oxygen forced into your lungs is pretty refreshing.
So gonna stop off and see my dad and his other half in Preston and then push up to The Anderson at Fortrose for a dram and a good night¹s sleep before the last short leg up to the distillery.
So if you see me and my little 650 pack horse say hello,or make me a brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment