Thursday 28 May 2009

Rob writes...

Well tomorrow is a big day for me – a trip up to The Triumph factory at Hinkley to pick up my wheels for the trip, a Triumph Bonneville.
Nearly 800cc of British engineering and possibly one of the most iconic bikes, the Bonnie will be my home for the days we are travelling.
As Tom said we have lost our support vehicle and one rider due to unforeseen circumstances, and Dave has had to pull out as he has some other pressing medial commitments.
In his stead, we have Ken Hamilton now joining us on an Enfield Bullet to take care of the photographic duties. We will also be joined by SingleMalt TV (www.singlemalt.tv) who will be helping document the trip.
Meantime I have been reading in some of the bike mags that the Bonnie is not really a touring bike, not meant for the motorway.
Well I guess we are going to test that theory pretty much. And to be honest I think we should blow it out of the water. The marketing manager at Triumph, who has been behind this trip and supported us ever since I approached them, told me yesterday that the bike has returned from a trip round France with another journo, so UK motorways we shall see…
Apart from that the team are pretty much fired up and ready to go next week, just the packing and last minute prep to take care of.
If you happen to live near the routes we will be taking and fancy a ride out then come and join us, why not.
Oh and we will see you all at the Scottish Classic Motorbike show at Fenwick on Sunday 7th, where Tom is doing the ribbon cutting honours.

No comments:

Post a Comment