Monday 1 June 2009

Rob has the Bonneville

Well they say that first impressions last, and here are mine of the Bonneville SE that Triumph has lent me for the trip.
It¹s black and it¹s very shinyŠ
No but joking apart this is an incredible bike. It¹s size belies the amount of poke it has when you blip the throttle. To be honest it feels more like my old AJS 125 in terms of weight that the more than 800cc it actually is.
With all the engine lump set quite low down you feel like a Weeble, wobble but not fall down. I have to say it makes it a very confidence inspiring bike. Push the bars and it tips into the corners with ease.
The parallel twin is certainly a different beast than the V twin of my Korean bike. More refined and mild mannered. It is also a lot quieter making the smooth acceleration feel like you are on a magic carpet.
Cruising is aided by the big ass screen deflecting most of the wind, and we both seem to be quite happy thrumming along at 70. There is a little buffeting across the top of the screen between about 71 and 75, but that sorts itself out after that.
So truth be told I am in loveŠunfortunately. I think this is going to be a holiday romance I am going to enjoy.


R

No comments:

Post a Comment